Following is a list of some of the acknowledgments made by independent industry guides on which Suescun Abogados or members of the firm have been recognized:
- The Legal 500 Latin America 2018
ranked Suescún Abogados as “Tier 1” (Best Law Firm) for Arbitration in Colombia. Such publication describes it as “a leading firm for demanding and sophisticated domestic and international arbitration proceedings which offers an ‘excellent’ service ‘both in opportunity and in strategy, experience, knowledge and closeness.’” Jorge Suescún Melo and Felipe Suescún de Roa were distinguished as “Leading Lawyer” and “Next Generation Lawyer”, respectively, for dispute resolution in Colombia.
- The Legal 500 Latin America 2018
recognizes Suescún Abogados as a Leading Local Law Firm in the Region - Latin America for International Arbitration. Such a publication also mentions that Suescún Abogados "attracts, through its key contacts Jorge Suescún Melo and Felipe Suescun de Roa, regular referrals from international law firms involved in high-profile international arbitration cases relating to Colombia. It also handles disputes as lead counsel..."
- Chambers Latin America 2018
ranked Suescún Abogados as a top firm for Dispute Resolution in Colombia and describes it as a “Respected boutique with a solid reputation for representing both plaintiffs and defendants in domestic and international commercial arbitrations. Particularly well regarded due to its great expertise dealing with ICC rules. Boasts a wealth of experience assisting clients from the energy, mining and finance sectors."
- Jorge Suescún Melo has been ranked since the inception of the ranking consecutively in Band 1 for Dispute Resolution: Most in Demand Arbitrators by Chambers Latin America 2018
. Such publication describes Jorge as a highly sought-after arbitrator who is "renowned worldwide." It also mentions that "He is one of the most respectable arbitration practitioners in Colombia" and that "He is a star and a very important player in this field."
- Felipe Suescún de Roa was also ranked by Chambers Latin America 2018
. Such publication mentions that Felipe is described by clients as "an excellent lawyer" and that peers also note that he is very involved in relevant arbitration cases.
- Suescún Abogados arbitration practice is ranked as "Leading" (Band 1) by Leaders League 2018
, an independent French publication.
- Jorge Suescún Melo is ranked as “Leading lawyer for arbitration in Colombia” as well as “Colombia’s best arbitrator” by Leaders League 2018
. Such a publication describes Jorge “as one of the doyens of Colombian arbitration, having taken part in numerous high-profile arbitrations.”
- Felipe Suescún de Roa is also ranked as “Leading lawyer for arbitration in Colombia” by Leaders League 2018
. In adittion, such a publication states that Felipe "is considered a rising star of the arbitration world".
- Jorge Suescún Melo was recognized as Best Lawyer of the Year 2018 of “Litigation” by Best Lawyers International
- In January 2017, Felipe Suescún de Roa was identified by in-house counsel worldwide as Acritas Stars™
for "His knowledge regarding international arbitration." The Acritas Star database was put together purely by the clients, with no influence from law firms; it has been compiled through interviews with nearly 4,000 general counsel and other senior leaders at legal departments around the world, looking for Star Lawyers who “find solutions, exercise judgment and are decisive –it is the combination of expertise and commerciality that their clients value most.”
- Jorge Suescún Melo was recognized as Best Lawyer of the Year 2017 of “Arbitration and Mediation-Bogota” by Best Lawyers International
- In December 2016, Felipe Suescún de Roa was recognized by Who’s Who Legal and Global Arbitration Review
as one of the world’s leading arbitration experts aged 45 or under. The "Future Leaders" list surveys and analyzes the opinion of general counsel and law firms from around the world to put together a list of practitioners who are seen as the future leading figures of the international arbitration community.
- After surveying more than 100 law firms in Colombia, Revista Dinero
, one of Colombia’s most prestigious business publications, included both Jorge Suescún Melo and Felipe Suescún de Roa among the top-ten attorneys who generate "more admiration for their career, performance and experience" for "Dispute Resolution" in Colombia.
- On July 14, 2016, Felipe Suescún de Roa was admitted as Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (FCIArb)
in London. This is a high-level Diploma qualification designed for experienced dispute resolution practitioners.
- Suescún Abogados has been recognized as the "International Arbitration Law Firm of the Year - Colombia" by Lawyer Monthly Legal Awards 2015
. The Lawyer Monthly Legal Awards recognise the achievements of law firms and individuals who have delivered exceptional results for their clients over the past 12 months – whilst operating in a challenging business environment.
- Jorge Suescún Melo was recognized as “Best of the Best Latin America” by Euromoney - Experts Guide
- Both Felipe Suescún de Roa and Jorge Suescún Melo were included among top-five experts for Commercial Arbitration in Colombia by Euromoney - Experts Guide
- Jorge Suescún Melo was recognized as Best Lawyer of the Year 2015 of "Litigation-Bogota" by Best Lawyers International
- Jorge Suescún Melo was recognized as Best Lawyer of the Year 2014 of "International Arbitration - Colombia" by Corporate Livewire
. The Corporate LiveWire Awards, according to its website, “represent the pinnacle of business achievement, championing the best in their respective fields.”
- Jorge Suescún Melo was recognized as Best Lawyer of the Year 2012 of “Arbitration and Mediation-Bogota” by Best Lawyers International
- Jorge Suescún Melo has been constantly recognized as leading figure for arbitration in both Latin America and Colombia by Who’s Who Legal.
- Jorge Suescún Melo was recognized by Revista Dinero
, one of Colombia´s most prestigious business publications, as a leading arbitrator in Colombia.